more options

Financial Aid

Neutral Lending List

Below are lenders that Cornell students have used in the past. The contact information is provided as a service and not as an endorsement of the lender. You may choose one of these or any other lender of your choice.

Tuition Support

IMPAC Summer Scholarship

This is a competitive award distributed by IMPAC. The IMPAC Summer Scholarship was started by a grant from the Freeman Foundation Undergraduate Asian Studies Funding Initiative and continues using IMPAC funds. A limited number of scholarships are available.

You must submit two letters of recommendation and a copy of your academic transcript with the scholarship application no later than March 1st for the Summer Scholarship

                    IMPAC Summer Scholarship Application

Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship

Cornell Graduate Students: 

The Cornell East Asia Program offers the EAP Summer East Asian Language Study Grant to Cornell graduate students whose work has an East Asia focus. The grant provides tuition plus a stipend. For more information, please see the following web page:

One alternative offered by many private loan companies is a career loan. These loans are designed for students who are not in degree programs, so they often require simple proof of enrollment instead of formal school certification. Please work very carefully with your bank or other funding agency to learn about the requirements for loan certification and approval.

Special notice for non-Cornell undergraduates:  Cornell University's Office of Financial Aid will only certify a private loan for an undergraduate student if they are enrolled in a Cornell degree program.